TYPES OF BRACES
- Traditional Braces – Traditional braces are the least expensive option for teeth straightening. They are effective in getting the job done but do come with some limitations on foods you can eat.
- Lingual Braces – Lingual braces attach to the inside (tongue side) of your teeth. These appliances are well-suited for adults, who may worry about the aesthetic nature of regular metal braces. Our lingual braces are very low profile meaning they are very small and more comfortable to the tongue and soft tissue. If lingual braces are right for you, you can receive the dramatic results of orthodontic treatment without anyone knowing, as the braces are virtually invisible.
- Ceramic Braces – Ceramic braces are made of translucent (clear) material. They are most popular with adult patients, due to their cosmetic appeal. The only drawback to ceramic brackets is that they are more fragile, and the elastic ties can discolor between orthodontic visits.
- Invisalign® – The Invisalign System is a series of clear overlay templates, called aligners, that have been generated by computer simulation to gradually move the teeth. This system is available to adult patients with specific orthodontic bite problems. Our office can advise you if you are a candidate for Invisalign straightening.
- Retainer – A retainer is a teeth-straightening appliance that can be conveniently removed for eating and brushing purposes.