We look forward to our first visit with a new patient. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and discussion of potential treatment options. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also take diagnostic records. The records include x-rays and photos and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. During the initial examination of each patient, Dr. McReynolds will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
It’s important to us that you leave with a clear understanding of what your needs are, the treatment required and how long it will take.
If you have orthodontic insurance, please bring your insurance card. By receiving this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.